13 June 2009

Playgrounds for Palestine

I've mentioned in the past that I've been looking for a way to do more work with children in Palestine despite not being able to be there as often as I would like. After almost two years of searching I found this is a wonderful organization which helps builds playgrounds for children throughout Palestine in the West Bank and Gaza. It was started by a wonderful woman, Susan Abulhawa, who is the author of the must-read novel, The Scar of David. Just my luck, PfP happens to be run from a town in my area! I was fortunate to meet meet some of the board members recently at a local fundraiser for Gaza.

I anticipate doing some great work with PfP in the near future. I will post more updates as things progress but in the meantime, please visit their website and make a donation if you can. The kids in Palestine need something positive in their lives and a place to play.

Peace
Shalom
Salaam

No comments: